Injection molding is a vital part of the Canadian and United States economies. This industry creates hundreds of thousands of jobs throughout the entire of North America. It also contributes billions of dollars to the Unites states and Canadian economy, as well as creates quality components and parts to aid in other industries, like the electronics and automotive industry. Here are 5 things about plastics manufacturing facilities and the plastic industry that you might not know.
1. It Makes Up A Large Portion Of The North American Economy - Plastics manufacturing makes up a third of the United States economy. Ninety three percent of Canada's plastics get shipped to the United States, contributing a large portion of that third. And it doesn't seem to be letting up any time soon, with the many new innovations in injection molding.
2. It Produces Billions Of Dollars Of Goods (For Many Different Industries, Too) - Plastics manufacturing facilities are a part of a multi billion-dollar industry, producing hundreds of billions of dollars in goods each year. This adds to both the American and Canadian economy exponentially, and it provides parts and components for other industries, like the automotive and aerospace industries.
3. There Are Plastics Manufacturing Facilities Everywhere - Plastics manufacturing facilities can be found in almost every state in the United States and every province in Canada. There are tens of thousands of facilities across the United States and Canada. This has created and continues to create a multitude of jobs for both Americans and Canadians.
4. It Creates Jobs (And Not Just Manufacturing Jobs) - The injection molding industry alone creates many jobs across the US and Canada, literally millions of them. But, injection molding manufacturing jobs aren’t the only jobs created in this industry. Between the manufacturers, suppliers and all of the other intermediary jobs associated with plastics, this industry offers at least a million more jobs.
5. It Creates Trade Surplus - If you compare injection molding to manufacturing as a whole, plastics manufacturing facilities create a sizable trade surplus of over ten billion per year. This translates to literal tons and tons of plastics and resins, over 100 billion pounds per year and increasing exponentially every year.
The plastics industry is growing and getting stronger by leaps and bounds every year. It continues to drive the United States and Canadian economy, helping to employ both Americans and Canadians alike. Baytech Plastics is a leader injection molding and plastics manufacturing facilities. They help to maintain the exploding plastics industry, as well as provide the highest quality injection molded components and parts.
Find Out Why And How Baytech Is A Leader In A Growing And Expanding Industry
Contact us today for more information on how Baytech's plastics manufacturing facilities can help expand your business.
Over 70 years of experience and a strong commitment to innovation.Click Here