Injection Molding Solutions
Plastic injection molding is one of today's most popular methods for producing plastic parts and components. Injection molding manufacturers like Baytech Plastics have perfected the process, making it efficient, affordable, and incredibly accurate. Manufacturers are able to produce thousands or even millions of plastic components, each one exactly the same, and they can do it all relatively quickly when compared to other types of plastics manufacturing.
Here's a look at some of the other benefits of plastic injection molding.
8 Benefits of Plastic Injection Molding
Plastic injection molding is a straightforward, but extremely effective and efficient, process. Plastics materials are fed into a heated barrel where the plastic is melted and mixed. The melted plastic is then fed into a mold cavity where it hardens into the final product. Once hardened, it is ejected from the mold and finished, if necessary. This process has several advantages:
- Highly Accurate - Plastic is melted and precisely injected into molds that can be reused over and over again creating results that are highly accurate.
- Extreme Detailing is Possible - Injection molding utilizes extremely high pressure to push the melted plastic materials into molds. This high pressure makes it possible to add intricate details to the design without making the product too complicated or expensive to produce.
- Quick Process - Once the mold design has been finalized, injection mold machinery is programmed and the manufacturing process begins. The use of machines makes the process very quick, which boosts output and reduces production costs when compared with other methods.
- Cost-Efficient - Plastic injection molders rely on automation to produce components. In many cases a single operator can oversee the entire production process. This greatly reduces labor costs, streamlines operations, and reduces overhead.
- Minimal Waste - Plastic injection molding uses only as much plastic as is needed. No more, no less. This saves on raw material costs and minimizes waste. If any plastic is left over or removed during the finishing process, it can be ground up and reused or recycled.
- Flexible Process - Plastic injection molding is incredibly flexible. It is possible to use two or more different plastics at the same time. It's also a simple process to change the material being used if you needed to change colors, for example.
- Little Finishing Required - Since the plastic is injected into pre-approved molds and the injection amounts are automated by a machine, molds are filled perfectly. There is little to no need to finish the end product.
Learn More About Injection Molding Manufacturers' Capabilities At Baytech Plastics
Contact Baytech Plastics to learn more about injection molding and our injection molding capabilities in Canada. We have more than 30 molding machines, in-house design, engineering, and tooling services, and work with a wide variety of industries to manufacture their plastic parts and components.
Learn more about our facilities and capabilities by clicking here. Contact us online or call (705) 526-7801 to discuss your needs in detail.